Students can view their account and make on-line payments using E-Checks or Credit/Debit Card on the SBS Billing & Payment site. You must have your Texas State NETID and PASSWORD to access your account.
A 2.85% convenience fee with a minimum $3 per transaction fee is applied to credit/debit card payments (effective 9/2012).
NOTE: The convenience fee is not collected by the university and is therefore non-refundable.
Mail payments to the following address:
Texas State University
Student Business Services
601 University Dr., JCK 188
San Marcos, TX 78666
All payments must be posted to the student account by the end of business on the payment deadline, regardless of the postmarked date.
** Scholarship checks MUST be sent to Financial Aid and Scholarships (JCK Room 240) for processing.**
Payments can be made at the Student Business Services Office, J.C. Kellam Building, Room 188 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Forms of payment accepted at the payment windows include cash, personal check, cashier’s check and money order. Credit/Debit card payments are not accepted at the SBS payment windows.
Payments (checks only) may be placed in the depository drop box located in the lobby next to the Student Business Services Office in JCK 188.
Financial Aid, Scholarships, and/or Tuition Adjustments, such as the Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan, will automatically apply to your account. The aid (including tuition adjustments) must be disbursed and applied to your account by the payment due date to avoid cancellation of your classes.
Please refer to the information that follows for more information:
- Financial Aid/Scholarships will begin to disburse 10 days prior to the 1st class day of the semester.
- Scholarships should be delivered to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office in the J.C.Kellam Building, Room 240.
- If your aid has not been applied to your account you should contact the Financial Aid Office at 512.245.2315 or log on to My Financial Aid to find out if the aid will be disbursed prior to the payment due date.
- Students with aid that covers 100% tuition, fees, room and board do not need to take action. The aid will automatically apply to your charges.
- If the aid is not sufficient to cover 100% of your charges, you must pay the total balance due or enroll in a payment plan to avoid cancellation of your classes.
- Approved tuition adjustments will apply to your account as they are received. Please Note: The Billing and Payment site does take 24 hours to update with this information.
- Students with a tuition adjustment that covers 100% tuition, fees, room and board do not need to take action. The tuition adjustment will automatically apply to your charges.
- If the tuition adjustment is not sufficient to cover 100% of your charges, you must pay the total balance due or enroll in a payment plan to avoid cancellation of your classes.
*NOTE: Students who no longer plan to attend the semester and have a negative (-) balance on their account due to financial aid, scholarship, or tuition adjustment credits MUST complete an official withdrawal request with the Office of the University Registrar.