Two options will be available to view or print your 1098-T form and financial addendum:
1) Texas State 1098T Reporting website at https://tim.txstate.edu/tax1098t/ or
2) Texas State Self-Service website (Current Students) at https://ssb.txstate.edu/
Note: As of tax year 2017, Texas State University no longer utilizes the Conduent Tax Credit Report Service. To obtain your current and prior year tax forms please view these detailed instructions.
Effective in 2011, as permitted by the IRS, the University has chosen to populate the amount BILLED for qualified tuition and fees in BOX 2 on the 1098-T as opposed to payments received (Box 1).
*Please note that the University does not provide the optional Box 1 payment information and will not provide a modified form.
The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 (TRA97)
As part of ongoing sustainability and cost reduction measures, Texas State University will electronically provide students a 1098-T tax form and financial addendum. Starting in tax year 2013, we will no longer mail paper 1098-T forms. This information will be available to students no later than February 1st following each tax year.
The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 may offer you the opportunity for tax savings through the following:
Hope Scholarship Tax Credit
Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
Student Loan Interest Deduction
Please note that the Hope credit is actually a tax credit and not a scholarship. Tax credits and interest deductions are subtracted directly from the tax a family owes to the Internal Revenue Service and will NOT appear on your billing statement from Texas State University.
Texas State University's intent is not to offer tax advice but to alert students and parents of the potential tax credit. Please contact a tax professional or the IRS at (800) 829-1040 or the IRS Office of Public Liaison at (202) 622-2970 for details.
Required Disclosures for IRS Form 1098-T:
- You must contact Student Business Services (SBS) via email or in person if you wish to receive a paper 1098-T form.
- You will be required to complete a Request for Paper 1098-T form which will include your name, student ID, 1098-T paper request year, and contact information.
- Paper requests must be submitted before January 31st of the tax reporting year.
- The request for a paper 1098-T will be treated as a withdrawal of consent.
- The 1098-T withdrawal of consent will NOT exclude you from the other consents in the SBS Terms and Conditions, ONLY to withdrawing your electronic 1098-T consent.
- SBS will notify you when the request has been confirmed via the contact information you provided SBS on the Request Paper 1098-T form.
- Your 1098-T paper copy will be sent to you within 30 days that SBS receives the request for paper 1098-T form.
- The electronic 1098-T authorization will remain in effect from January 31st thru December 31st of the current tax reporting year.
- If you wish to receive a paper 1098-T for future years, you must fill out a new 1098-T paper request form each tax reporting year a new 1098-T is issued.
- To update your contact information, you must contact the Office of the University Registrar.
- If, for any reason, there are changes to the hardware or software that causes you to no longer access your 1098-T statement, then SBS will notify you before the changes are made. Furthermore, these changes may require you to sign a new consent.