Electronic Business Agreement
Texas State University Student Business Services utilizes electronic processes wherever possible to assure accuracy and to expedite business transactions.
I understand and accept that SBS:
· Uses electronic signatures for agreements and transactions, including promissory notes and payment agreements
· Sends all notifications electronically. This includes invoices, due date reminders, action required notifications, account transaction information, direct deposit notices, and 1098T notifications. I will not receive paper bills or paper notifications.
· Uses email as the primary means of notification. Failure to use (check) my university email account and/or provide an active alternative email account will not limit my responsibility regarding information SBS attempts to send.
· Uses automated calling to provide information, and may contact both my land and cell phone numbers.
If you do not consent, or later wish to withdraw your consent, you must contact Student Business Services regarding non-electronic business transactions.
Financial Obligation Agreement
Section 54.007 of the Texas Education Code allows tuition and fees to either be paid in full before the beginning of the semester or be paid under an installment plan with an initial payment due before the beginning of the semester. I agree to pay my tuition and fees by one of these options and understand the following:
· All non-deferrable fees must be paid in full with the initial payment
· If payments and/or financial aid have been received that meet the minimum amount required before the beginning of the semester, the university reserves the right to administratively enroll me in a plan to prevent class cancellation.
o A) This may or may not occur; therefore it is my responsibility to ensure that I have completed all steps to secure classes.
o B) If adequate payments and/or FA have been received and I choose not to attend, I must officially withdraw from the university to prevent incurring the financial obligation.
· Other charges may be added to my account balance due to adding classes, Financial Aid reversals, returned checks including e-checks, auxiliary charges, etc. If I am on an installment plan, the additional charges may alter my payments due. If I am not on an installment plan, or if the fees are not associated with the current semester, charges will be billed in full and payment will be required by the next university due date.
· Payments not received on or before the established due dates are subject to a $25 delinquent charge.
· Failure to make payments by the due dates may entitle Texas State to withhold official transcripts, deny registration and payment confirmation for subsequent semesters and deny access to semester grades until the unpaid balance is paid in full.
· If I withdraw from the university, any refunds due are determined by the total costs for the semester and not the amount paid, and may not relieve all financial obligations I have.
· Refunds due from drops, financial aid or scholarships will be applied towards any balance owed.
· The university will place for collection any delinquent balance and I will be responsible for all costs of collection and enforcement, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, in addition to other amounts due.
· If a recipient of a waiver, exemption, or third party billing tuition assistance, I understand the following:
o All approved documents must be submitted to Student Business Services no later than the census date of the term.
o Any portion of my tuition and fees not covered by the program or agency is my responsibility to pay by the appropriate due dates.
o Assistance will be removed from my account if I become ineligible because established requirements were not met.
o The University will not provide transcript, class schedules, or grade information to the sponsoring agency.
o I assume full financial responsibility for the balance owed to the university and all related penalties if the tuition assistance is removed from my student account.
A STUDENT WHO FAILS TO MAKE FULL PAYMENT OF TUITION AND FEES, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL FEES, BY THE DUE DATE MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM REGISTERING FOR CLASSES UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE. A STUDENT WHO FAILS TO MAKE PAYMENT PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SEMESTER MAY BE DENIED CREDIT FOR THE WORK DONE THAT SEMESTER.
Information Resources Security and Access Control Agreement
I understand that use of computer and network facilities owned or operated by Texas State University requires prior authorization, and that unauthorized access is prohibited. I acknowledge that my usage of these facilities may be subject to security testing and monitoring, and that I have no guarantee or expectation of privacy, except as provided by applicable privacy laws. If I abuse these facilities, I may be subject to criminal prosecution. I agree that my use of these facilities means that I agree to comply with the policies of Texas State University.
Honor Code Agreement
I agree to abide by Texas State's Honor Code and uphold the principles of honesty and responsibility.
University Rules, Regulations and Policies Agreement
I agree to abide by all University rules, regulations and policies, and understand that any violation may result in disciplinary action by the University.
BY CLICKING ON THE CONTINUE BUTTON BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND CONSENT TO THIS DOCUMENT.